As a former corporate insider, I know first-hand what makes organizations function well and what makes them malfunction occasionally. As an outside consultant, I convert trends and diverse perspectives into ideas that impact my clients’ communication programs.
1201 Kings Circle, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 | 717/877-5180 | email@example.com
After earning a bachelor’s degree in literature/writing and two masters’ degrees (communication and theology), I:
- launched my career as a speechwriter and issues manager at Alcoa;
- helped public relations firm Burson-Marsteller build a corporate and financial communication capability in its Pittsburgh operation;
- headed corporate communication for the newly formed Allegheny International (Sunbeam, Oster, etc.);
- consulted for over ten years with many clients, chief among them, AMP Incorporated, the world leader in electronic connector; and
- joined AMP as communication director to build a cohesive, global communication program.
In recent years I returned to consulting after Tyco International acquired AMP and took on a wide range of assignments, including:
- marketing, organizational development, and corporate communication for Internet eLearning ventures, a telecom company, and an exhibits creator;
- advising a major foundation and a staffing firm on strategic programs;
- facilitating conferences for a federal government agency regarding faith-based, community issues;
- building interactive locomotive exhibits for Norfolk Southern;
- coaching medical directors; and
- creating an employee learning portal for a Saudi Arabian company.
What clients and colleagues have said …
“ Richard is able to extract the essence of virtually any project or initiative … brings individuals and organizations to that rare state called ‘shared vision’.
William Saverance, Global Executive Development Leader, SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corporation)
“ … solid ethics, incredible depth of knowledge, organizational skills and all with a touch of humor.
Frank Nave’, VP Museums & Environments, Lynch Exhibits
“ … [indispensable] counsel in a high tension, very delicate situation … understood the predicament from all angles … dealt with the situation calmly, with the utmost integrity, and very competently.
Tom DiClemente, Managing Partner, Gran Sasso Ventures LP – Global Executive, Board Member, Management Consulting, Private Equity
“ … encouraged [the AMP communications team] to try new things and take chances with technology … when businesses were just beginning to explore the possibilities of the internet and intranets.
Chuck Rigsby. Former Internal Communications Manager, AMP Inc.
“ Deeply insightful and intelligent … brings the best out of people and organizations.
Mark Hartman, Former EVP Business Transformation, Cardinal Health
“ … [thinks] ‘out of the box’ and is the quintessential communications practitioner.
Andrew Edson, Former President and COO, Anreder & Company
“ … presented a powerful Branding program for [my company’s] clients … energetic and interactive … feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
Charlene Holsendorff, Career Management Consultant, Right Management
“ … always pushes you to do your best … the muse of the next communication era.
Cameron Uhlig, Owner, Camagine
“… a very creative thinker, with a capacity to synthesize complex issues and solutions in pithy, memorable ways.
Kathryn Baer, Volunteer Consultant, Advocacy Department, SOME
“ … always there when needed to put a fresh perspective on how to solve the toughest problems.
Dave Shutts, Manager of Tech Communications, Tollgrade