WHAT You Need ... WHAT I Help You Do
Listen to Yourself
Talk Like You Write
Write Like You Talk
Share What You Know
Choose the Best
WHO I Am ...
RICHARD SKAARE ... I consider myself a head-smart, street-wise communicator. I have two Masters degrees, one in communication. Both taught me how to look, listen, think, and learn. Equally important, I have a lifetime of experience in defining and resolving diverse, difficult business issues that impact corporate profitability, organizational efficiency, and communication. I understand people, processes, and possibilities.
WHAT People Say ...
"Richard is able to extract the essence of virtually any project or initiative … brings individuals and organizations to that rare state called ‘shared vision'."
"… solid ethics, incredible depth of knowledge, organizational skills and all with a touch of humor."
"… indispensable counsel in a high tension, very delicate situation … understood the predicament from all angles … dealt with the situation calmly, with the utmost integrity, and very competently."
"Deeply insightful and intelligent … brings the best out of people and organizations."
WHAT I Have Done ...
- Convinced and showed SABIC (Saudi Arabia) senior management how to capture and convert internal expertise into content for the company's new learning portal.
- Globalized employee thinking by creating a communication strategy that repositioned AMP Incorporated (now Tyco) from a U.S.-centric manufacturer to a global solutions provider.
- Reshaped, through a comprehensive communication program, the profile of Allegheny International from a specialty steel producer to a multibillion-dollar conglomerate.
- Reformulated the traditional management (Tollgrade) business plan into an accountability system that linked the plan to departmental/individual performance plans.
- Imagined and helped create high-tech, interactive exhibits, including a locomotive simulator (Norfolk Southern), for trade shows and museums.
- Persuaded and demonstrated to management at two companies (KnowledgePlanet and Lynch) how to build pride and credibility by using employees in advertising/marketing.
- Crafted corporate messages and positions on various public issues through speeches written for CEOs and other executives (Alcoa, AMP Incorporated, SABIC).
- Shifted management's defensive approach (AMP Incorporated) to environmental issues that established a corporate reputation for proactivity, credibility, and transparency.
- Helped ease employees through traumatic change: workforce reductions, plant closings, hostile takeover, environmental contamination, health scares, workplace violence, etc..
- Taught many executives/managers how to change media interviews from a Q&A to opportunities to communicate corporate messages.